• Welcome to Dizzi's Support Forum.

News:

Welcome to my support forum for Advanced Library and PoseMagic2Pose.

Main Menu

Bug - Copy to Clipboard doesn't work on unfound references

Started by JQP, January 30, 2012, 08:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JQP

Right-Click>Show References>Right-Click>Copy to Clipboard

Nothing is copied if the file isn't found/the "Resolved" field is blank.  This has been this way for as long as I can remember.  It may be a feature, not a bug, but it would be helpful if I could copy the contents of the "Original" field to the clipboard so I could send Windows Explorer right to that location via the address bar.

Also, "Pick New File" doesn't seem to do anything.

Dizzi

Quote from: JQP on January 30, 2012, 08:08:15 PM

Nothing is copied if the file isn't found/the "Resolved" field is blank.  This has been this way for as long as I can remember.  It may be a feature, not a bug, but it would be helpful if I could copy the contents of the "Original" field to the clipboard so I could send Windows Explorer right to that location via the address bar.
That's right, only resolved references are copied.

A new dialog should open which lets you choose a different file. That file will then show up on the resolved side. If you then click "save as" you can save the file with the new references.

That works for me... Where does it fail for you?

JQP

Quote from: Dizzi on February 01, 2012, 06:10:23 PM
Quote from: JQP on January 30, 2012, 08:08:15 PM

That's right, only resolved references are copied.
I think it would be an improvement if unresolved references could be copied, too.  Gives user a head start on finding the right file.
A new dialog should open which lets you choose a different file. That file will then show up on the resolved side. If you then click "save as" you can save the file with the new references.

That works for me... Where does it fail for you?
[/quote]
It failed for me right at the beginning, when I tried it with a broken reference.  It was failing with found files for me, too, but I just checked and that side of things is working fine now.  Might've been a config problem?  I'll have to wait until I come across another broken reference before I can check to see if it's now working for broken refs, too.

Thanks Dizz.  I love AL.  :)