• Welcome to Dizzi's Support Forum.

News:

Due to spam, you need to be registered to post now.

Main Menu

Have you considered releasing the AL source?

Started by JQP, June 19, 2016, 09:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JQP

As I said in my other thread, AL is still very useful to me. DS library has some serious drawbacks:

1. Tied to DS so when DS crashes, so does the library, and when DS is boring you with a progress bar, you can't switch over to the library and browse to the next thing. AL crashes far less often than DS (almost never), so I can keep my place when, not if, DS crashes, and I can start browsing to the next library location while DS is non-responsive while loading content, auto-fitting content, doing a quick render, etc.

2. DS splits the library in two, because you have to view Poser content in "poser mode," and DS content in "DS mode." One of the stupidest design decisions ever. Completely pointless and adds a lot of work and frustration on the user's end. AL shows everything.

3. No virtual folders, so I can't sort content in the library without sorting it in Windows file system. With AL I can, so I can effectively merge runtimes, put all clothing in one place, all figures in one place, etc., exactly how I like it.

4. Search is very slow. AL's search is very fast.

5. Search sucks. If you sneeze the search window disappears and you have to run the (very slow) search all over again.

6. Search filters (for content type) don't work (for me, anyway), and they never have. AL's filters work (but not for duf extension!).

Anyway, you seem to have stopped developing AL long ago, so I was wondering if you would consider releasing the source, so someone else could work on it.

JQP

Actually, after looking at DS' search filters, they're basically not even there. DS has filters for Poser types, but not DS types (other than scene and scripts). WTF.