• Welcome to Dizzi's Support Forum.

News:

Due to spam, you need to be registered to post now.

Main Menu

Please put beta expiration date in 'About' screen. Or somewhere... anywhere!

Started by aeddan, March 31, 2009, 09:52:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeddan

I appreciate that you don't want to be supporting old beta versions for ever, but it would be really handy if we had some idea when the beta was going to expire, rather than find out after the fact.

I have not been able to find details anywhere on when any of the betas expire, and it is most frustrating to have an experience like the following:

1. Start AL.
2. "I've expired! Get a new version."
3. Download latest beta.
4. Install.
5. Resync library.
6. "Poser 7 folder not found!" dialog box pops up constantly.
7. Arrghhh!

Fortunately, there was a newer version available through the forums that fixed this, but if there wasn't I would have had to cancel any plans for 3D work until 1.9.1.8 was on the download page.

1.9.0.0 was working fine for me (and I imagine many others) - I'd just like to either avoid forced upgrades of working software, or at least have some idea of when I need to upgrade, so I can plan around situations like the one I listed above.

Having said all that, I find AL to be an indispensable part of my 3D workflow, and am very appreciative of the product itself.

aeddan

Is there any plan to implement this?

And just as a general question - why does the software have to expire, anyway? This is a fantastic piece of software, and I'd be at an absolute loss without it. I'd much rather use an old, unsupported beta, than do without (or be forced to upgrade).