• Welcome to Dizzi's Support Forum.

News:

Did you know that the latest AL betas can show the references in Poser files?

Main Menu

Option to hide hidden folders or show them in AL

Started by JQP, January 24, 2012, 10:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JQP

Or just follow Windows' lead and stop showing hidden folders.

I used to fret over all the junk Poser content authors STUPIDLY dump all over my runtime, especially the libraries folder, that I can't move without changing all the references or buying software to change them, and maybe break something.  Recently I had the gigantic "duh" eureka moment of just hiding these stupidly placed folders.  Trouble is, AL still displays them.  :(

Thanks again for the app, by the way.  I'm totally spoiled now and hate messing around with Daz Studio's content tab.

P.S., I still think adding a tabs feature to AL would rock on toast.  That would cut down on all the back and forth browsing.

Dizzi

Quote from: JQP on January 24, 2012, 10:46:37 PM
Or just follow Windows' lead and stop showing hidden folders.
Please try http://neocron.webspaceforme.net/library/installer/Advanced_Library_1_9_2_18_NET4.zip. Set the checkbox for the new Setting Ignore hidden folders (Settings > Misc.). Hidden folders should then be ignored when AL crawls through directories. So you'll have to synchronize, if you're using the synced library view.

Quoteor buying software to change them, and maybe break something.
You can even try to break your references with AL's installation helper ;-)

P.S., I still think adding a tabs feature to AL would rock on toast.  That would cut down on all the back and forth browsing.
What do you mean by tabs feature?

JQP

QuotePlease try http://neocron.webspaceforme.net/library/installer/Advanced_Library_1_9_2_18_NET4.zip. Set the checkbox for the new Setting Ignore hidden folders (Settings > Misc.). Hidden folders should then be ignored when AL crawls through directories. So you'll have to synchronize, if you're using the synced library view.
Will do, thanks.

Edit: tried it, works a treat, thanks for the speedy (and cheap!  :D ) service.

QuoteYou can even try to break your references with AL's installation helper ;-)
I haven't touched that feature yet.  But now that you've mentioned it I'll have to try it out.  Any docs or info available on exactly how it works and what it does?

QuoteWhat do you mean by tabs feature?
Exact same principle as tabs in a web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox), but for libraries.  Install QTTabBar for Windows Explorer and give it a spin.